Friday, June 1, 2012

Eyeing the city from a different experience

Everything always seems to be going at a very fast pace.
We barely have time to just sit down and really be thankful for our surroundings.

Well, tonight, I experienced this city from a different view.
After a long battle of war with assessments and FYP over and over again, (boy, am I glad it's over), my way of celebrating was actually a bus ride that is so ever satisfying.
I would never know that sitting on a seat overseeing the window views, with the chilling starbucks on one hand, and the air-con blowing perfectly above me, against the warmth of my sweater, is so inspiring.

Amazed by every road path that we've gone through, I only found out, tonight, the beauty of vehicle tyres' marks on the grey-coloured road.
We've crossed lamp poles by lamp poles, and the view of construction sites at night made me realise that they are actually not that annoying after all.


I always have the thought that I tend to make life's important decisions during bus rides.
It could be true, couldn't it?
Well, I'm still exploring my options and keeping it wide open.

One thing that this city and Kuching have in common, is definitely the "road trip".
Road trip as in having to sit inside any vehicle, and let it bring you wherever your next destination is, without having to worry, "Am I getting lost somewhere in this city?"
The roads, the city lights and the trees made it so familiar and I was surprised those things connected me back to my hometown.

Having a grateful heart and thankful one for being so blessed, I finally fell into the temptation of peaceful sleep, overseeing the night view.
Perfect, and nothing more I would ask for. :)

Happy Holidays!


P.S. I'm glad this has come to an end. About time to get all the sleep I want!

No comments:

Post a Comment